- A Little Pick-me-Up
- Race for the Cure Layout
- New Official Cricut Blog
- Happy Wednesday-Hump Day!!
- Princess Layout Kit
- Disney Autograph Book - Plus Echo Park Blog Candy
- Gypsy Tote Winner Announced
- Play Time Layout with the E2
- Race for a Cure!
- Summer Layout & Card - Doodlecharms
- Happy Wednesday-Hump Day!!
- Announcing 2 Winners of Cricut Circle Quarter Memb...
- Cute Gypsy Tote Giveaway & Hello Card
- Race for the Cure - And the Cricut Circle Giveaway...
- Happy Mother's Day! Plus blog candy winner announ...
- Hope and Courage Card Set
- Friday's Guest Designer: Glue Meets Paper
- You Take the Cake Card & Birthday Pics
- Today is a BIG DAY!!
- Crop for the Cure & New Blog Candy!
- Winner Announced & Texas State Report
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (60)
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
11:53 PM | Posted by Monique Griffith | | Edit Post
Greetings on a lovely Thursday! How is everyone doing this week? I'm having kind of a mellow week, and taking some time to catch up on life a bit. Ya know - all of that silly, non-scrappin' stuff that is supposed to be important - like paying bills, running errands, getting my hair cut, doctor appointments, etc. It's time to get that nonsense out of the way so I can play with my new toy that just arrived today.... my E2!!!! Woohoo!!
Okie dokie, so you probably guessed where this is headed. Yup, I'm pulling from the archives today. You may not have even seen this before (or have you?). I designed this about 3 years ago for a class when I taught at our local scrap store. It was one of my favorite projects at the time. I just LOVED the paper, and kept wanting to eat it. All in favor of scratch 'n' sniff paper, raise your hand! This layout used the Doodlecharms cartridge - an oldie, but goodie! You can click on the photos to see them larger. And don't forget to leave a comment today for another chance to win the personalized Gypsy Tote!!
Summer Blast Layout: Doodlecharms shapes within the squares are all cut at 2". The flower behind the title is 4 1/2". Colored squares are 3x3, and are textured with the Cuttlebug. I used the Divine Swirls and Swiss Dots embossing folders. White frames behind squares are 3 ¼ x 3 ¼. Assemble squares, then punch a hole through the top and bottom for those on page 1, and through the sides for those on page 2. Then weave ribbon through the holes. Layers of photo mat on Page 1 – sizes are as follows: Outer white mat is 6 ½ x 7 ¼, Bright Green mat is 6 ¼ x 7, Fruity mat is 5 ¾ x 6, Gold mat is 4 x 4, intended to hold picture that is 3 ½ x 3 ½. Page 2 mat sizes are as follows: Outer white mat is 6 ¾ x 11 ¼, Bright Green mat is 6 ½ x 11, Fruity mat is 6 x 10, Gold mat is 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, intended to hold picture that is 3 ¾ x 5 ¾. You may also opt to add a journal box to the portion of the Fruity mat on this Page 2. A tag journal box is always adorable. You'll also use (4) Green patterned border strips, which measure 1 ½ x 12, and (4) Pink border strips behind those, which meausre 2 x 12. Summer Blast title was created with the Design Studio Software, using the Cuttin' Up font.
Dragonfly card: Dragonfly and tag are from Doodlecharms. The dragonfly was cut at 2", and the circle tag layers were cut at 4". White card base is 5x7. Pink Bling background is 4 ¾ x 6 ¾. Green Floral Glitter background is 4 ½ x 6 ½. After you cut all of the pieces for the dragonfly, glue the Pink Bling body on top of the Green Floral dragonfly, and then glue this Green Floral dragonfly onto the Peachy Bling shadow, but only use one strip of adhesive under the body – don't glue down those wings! Now adhere the yellow circle tag onto the white circle tag, lining up the tops with the holes in them. Attach dragonfly at an angle, and then lift his little green wings up to give him some dimension. Put green and pink ribbon together, fold it, and loop it through from back to front. The word “shine” was cut using the Cricut Design Studio Software, with the Cursive 101 cartridge. If you lose the dot for the “i”, you can always use a fun rhinestone for even more bling.
Thanks for stopping by today. And be sure to check in tomorrow, as we will have another very talented Guest Designer sharing a project with you.
- Monique Griffith
- Rocklin, CA, United States
- The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.