Cricut Top 40

My BFF - The Bling Queen!

Pink Stamper

My Pink Stamper

Support Team Monique!

Oh My Crafts


OMC Button2

Stamps Alive

Hallmark Scrapbook

Everyday Cricut

cricutholiday

Obsessed with Scrapbooking

Powered by Blogger.

Expressions Vinyl

Lezlye's Ink & Paper

Lezlye's Ink and Paper Creations

Official Cricut Blog

Cricut: The Official Blog
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Why pay Pottery Barn prices for wall decor when you've got a Cricut??? I already had the bedding and curtains, but needed some accent pieces for Emily's walls. So I got some canvases from JoAnn's, painted them white, and added an irridesent sheen to them. Then used Design Studio and mostly the Walk in My Garden cartridge to design some funky flowers that would coordinate with the bedding. A couple of the small flowers are hand-cut, and the large tulip was pieced together on DS. Each of these canvases measure 12" x 24". I then used Storybook to create Emily's name on 5" x 5" canvases. I like Storybook because it's so fun and dreamy. Plus the added layers really give it character. Mod Podge was used to adhere all of the layers to the canvas, plus on top of the finished product. I added pics of the overall room so you can see how it all coordinates. Eventually I'll be adding some butterfly canvases as well. This was such a fun and rewarding project!



14 comments:

all4sydney said...

You did an AWESOME job!! Her room is BEAUTIFUL!!

Lisa Macomber said...

OMG that room is awesome! the cricut work is amazing...I really need to use mine more. I never also would have thought to paint each wall a different color, who da thunk?

Wendy aka Bling Queen said...

You are brillant.

scrapn_momof2 said...

Monique, Emily's room is so cute!!! I love the wall art. You are amazing!

Channyne \ˈsha-nən\ said...

What an adorable little girls room! You did a beautiful job with her wall art and name.

CrazyforCrafting said...

WoW, what a wonderful room for a beautiful little girl...she is bound to feel like a princess in her room! Great job!

Tifany said...

What a fun girly room. I love the idea of putting the name on the 5x5 canvases - so cool!

Anonymous said...

All your hard work paid off! Everything looks like it turned out perfectly. What a good mommy to dedicate so much time on a project like that. Emily is a lucky little girl. Thanks for posting the results. Where's Angela's? I wanna see hers too.

The Princess said...

So cute!! Great ideas!!

Emily's room looks so cute!!

Sara

Jenny said...

That is the CUTEST room ever!!!!! I love the whole thing!!!!! Can you come and decorate my girls rooms!?!?!?! YOU ROCK!

Jen said...

Aaaaw! I love her room! You did a beautiful job. I'll be she feels like a princess there.

Froggy said...

That is too cute for words!! Man now i wish i had a little girl to do this for!! LOL

~ Lorrie ~ said...

awesome job! That is truly a little girls dream room!

jeffsmomlovescricuting said...

How beautiful - what a lucky girl. You are very creative and have a great eye for color. Thanks for sharing.

Judy C

About Me

my photo
Monique Griffith
Rocklin, CA, United States
The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter

Grab my Button!

Monique Griffith Designs

Get Email Alerts

Enter your email address:

Followers