Blog Archive

Cricut Top 40

My BFF - The Bling Queen!

Pink Stamper

My Pink Stamper

Support Team Monique!

Oh My Crafts


OMC Button2

Stamps Alive

Hallmark Scrapbook

Everyday Cricut

cricutholiday

Obsessed with Scrapbooking

Powered by Blogger.

Expressions Vinyl

Lezlye's Ink & Paper

Lezlye's Ink and Paper Creations

Official Cricut Blog

Cricut: The Official Blog
Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Friday!  It's Lauren here from Lauren's Creative!  I am so thrilled that Monique and Wendy invited me to design a project for their blog today!  They have both provided me with endless amounts of inspiration.  I have only been scrapbooking for a little over a year and since finding Monique and Wendy's blogs - my scrapbook layouts have improved 110%.  I could gush about them a little more, but I don't want to "fan-girl" them too much and freak them out.  :)  

For today's project they asked me to design a Breast Cancer Awareness themed project, and I immediately decided to come up with a layout with a "Race for the Cure" theme.  I know many of you participate every year and I'm sure you have some beautiful pictures that you'd like to display in a special way!
If you prefer single page layouts, I think this page would make an adorable layout in and of itself.  I would probably just add a journaling space in between the runners.  I used the Pink Journey cartridge for the runners and the ribbon cuts, but even if you don't have that cartridge don't let that stop you from "scrap-lifting" this...there are similar runner silhouettes found on the Sports Mania cartridge.  There are also similar ribbons on the Car Decals cartridge as well as Stand and Salute

  
I really wanted the runners to look like they were carrying the banner, so to achieve that look - I simply attached a glue dot to the top of a toothpick, so the baker's twine wouldn't come unraveled.  I then wrapped the baker's twine around the toothpick a few more times and knotted it off.  To create the streamers, I just tied another length of baker's twine around the end.  I then secured them to the runners' hands by attaching another glue dot. 
The second page is pretty simple - I really wanted the pictures to be the focus.  It is a little hard to tell, but the middle picture is actually attached using pop dots to give a little more dimension to the page.


Thank you so much again to Monique and Wendy for having me! 

 I hope that if you like this project, some of you might come visit me on my blog - Lauren's Creative.  If you have any questions about this layout - please don't hesitate to email me.  (My contact information is on my site.)

Materials Used:
  1. (2) 12 x 12 kraft cardstock (Recollections Brand - Michaels)
  2. (2) Scalloped Squares sized at 11.50" from Accent Essentials
  3. Photo Mats: Finished mats will fit - (1) 4 x 6 and (3) 4 x 4 photos
  4. 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 (white), 4 3/8 x 6 3/8 (brown) 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 (pink stripe)
  5. (3) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 (white), 4 3/8" x 4 3/8" (brown) 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 (pink stripe)
  6. "Banner" sized at 3.02" (or 10.50" fit to length) from Twinkle Toes
  7. "Race for the Cure" sized at 1.5" using "Real Dial Size" from Cherry Limeade (shadows welded using my Gypsy)
  8. (2) "Runners" sized at 6.00" from Pink Journey
  9. (10)"Butterflies" sized at 1.50" using "blackout" feature from Pink Journey 
  10. (5) "Butterflies" sized at 1.50" using "shadow" feature from Pink Journey
  11. "live," "love," and "fight" sized at 1.50" from Kate's ABCs (shadows welded using my Gypsy)
  12. "Pink Ribbon Flourish" sized at 2.65" from Pink Journey
  13. Journaling Space - "Scalloped Card" sized at 3.92" from Pink Journey, I added "Ribbon" sized at 1.07" and also used the "hide contour" feature to hide the score marks for the card.
  14. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  15. Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  16. Pink Gems - Michael's
  17. 3/8" Grosgrain Saddle Stitch Ribbon - Michael's
  18. Baker's Twine - Scrappy Moms Stamps
  19. (2) Toothpicks - you could also use lollipop sticks or wooden skewers 
  20. Pop Dots

      65 comments:

      Scattychick said...

      It is fantastic love the banner idea it can be used on so many things :)

      katieb'screativeendeavors said...

      Awesome layout-love the colors and everything about it.
      kate

      Melissa said...

      Loving the banner with the twine idea! Great layout!

      Kelly Massman said...

      Great cause and layout!

      Brenda said...

      Wow! This is an awesome lo! I love the colors, I love how welded the ribbon to the florish, I love the runners holding the banner with twine, I just love the whole lo! LOL

      Megan said...

      Great layout, Lauren. You are super talented. I love visting your site and Monique's. Have a great weekend.

      meggiemeg at comcast dot net

      CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

      so pretty and great tip with the tooth pick!!

      gshrader said...

      Fantastic layout! Really inspiring!
      Thanks for sharing

      TFern said...

      Your layout is AMAZING!! I may need to scrap lift some pieces of it for a mini I'm working on for my husbands HS friend...she's 34 and is going through chemo for the THIRD time because of breast cancer :(

      AShu93 said...

      This is really gorgeous! I have some pics from last week I need to do & this gives me some great ideas. I just wish PC would FINALLY release that cart for purchase!!!

      Valerie Scott said...

      Fabulous Layout! Lauren does a GREAT job!!! New Follower here!

      Valerie
      http://bestisyet2be.blogspot.com/

      blueskygirl said...

      Awesome layout! Totally perfect for pics from race for the cure. The pink journey cart is great- but pricey and I don't have it. Thanks for the layout, Lauren.
      Molly

      Joanna said...

      Wow Lauren did an amazing job with this LO! Love how the runners are holding the banner! :)

      Lara said...

      I love it!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

      Julie said...

      This is wonderful! I would love to do this page for my cancer book but don't have Pink Journey :( I wonder if an other carts have a runner.

      Cheryl said...

      Your layout is just beautiful! Love the banner and use of twine! Great Job!
      surfnfroggie

      JenJackScrap said...

      I really, really, really like this layout! Awesome job!

      Gwen said...

      This is a great layout for a great cause! Thanks for all you do.

      Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

      Beautiful layout. Love how the pink pops. The banner is awesome.

      Becky Moore said...

      This is a wonderful layout!! Thanks for sharing today!

      smilesmoore2 atverizon dotnet

      Court said...

      Fabulous layouts!

      inspiredwon said...

      Very Beautiful layout!! Keep up the good work!! I love it!!
      Amanda

      Preacher'sWife said...

      I absolutely love it all, but my favorite part is the runners with the banner. So cute!

      Judy M.
      jdmnrd541@gmail.com

      Angela said...

      I agree with you---my scrapbooks look so much better now since Monique and Wendy came into my life. Beautiful layout and that's the best banner idea with the twine.

      My Serendipity said...

      I love this page! Love everything about it!

      Unknown said...

      that is a really great lo tfs

      Heather said...

      Beautiful LO!!

      jan farnworth said...

      what an amazing layout very nicely done.

      Faye J said...

      A wonderful lay-out representing hope. Thanks for sharing your talent!

      Stacey said...

      Another awesome layout Lauren!!! Way to go :)

      shalbgewachs at sbcglobal dot net

      IRW Dana said...

      This is absolutely the most amazing layout I've seen yet. LOVE IT!!!! My family has been very very blessed in that we haven't yet been touched with this fight. But I do know several ladies that are fighting the good fight. Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing layout.
      papermemories4u @ yahoo .com

      Sharka said...

      Great layout for a great cause. TFS :)

      CathyinMN said...

      Thank you for sharing your wonderful layout! You did a great job on it. If you hadn't told us how long you've been scrapbooking, I'd have thought you'd been a pro at it for years!

      -mandy said...

      You did a great job Lauren! I love your ideas! I hope to see you come back again!
      -Mandy
      hull.mandy@yahoo.com

      Kristie Maynard said...

      Great layout. A friend just told me she wants to do a walk for a cure page for a friend. I'll have to tell her about this.

      Beverly said...

      Fantastic layout! Hard to believe you've been scrapbooking only a year!

      Nati Tristan said...

      What a wonderful layout! Wonderful cause as well! God Bless!

      HappyPlaceJen said...

      Adorable layout, Lauren!! ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

      Sukie said...

      Beautiful layout. Lauren, I have been following you since you started your blog and I love all of your creations, you are very talented just like Monique and her team!

      scrappindhilly@gmail.com

      Amy Vandiver said...

      Such a wonderful job Lauren!! I am loving your idea with the twine around a toothpick, would have never come up with that one on my own! You are just so creative!!

      Amy V

      silly_girl_823 at hotmail DOT com

      Sparkly Scrap Girl said...

      I love the use of the runners holding the banner! Very nice.

      Charlene said...

      Love the pink Layout. That banner looks really nice! TFS!
      southernMrs
      at verizon
      dot net

      Peg Toth said...

      I love this layout. It's so meaningful. Thanks.

      Vickie said...

      Pink is one of my favorite colors and I love this girly girl LO not to mention that it supports a cause that is not only dear to Monique's heart but mine as well as my Mom lost her battle with Breast Cancer 5+ yrs ago. Thanks for supporting the issue. God Bless.

      Queenie said...

      .This is an amazing layout. Love it.

      Aman said...

      Great layout Lauren! I am a big fan of your blog.

      amanbains1 at gmail dot com

      MulticrafterAmy said...

      What an incredible layout!

      Sandra Joy said...

      Love the layout, the colors, 3d effect and the stitching gives the LO the final touch. Have a great weekend everyone!

      Robin Briggs said...

      Perfect, cute, to the point n exciting all in one!

      Donna said...

      Great layout! Thank you for such a caring and beautiful piece!

      Blessings, Donna
      grandma4five

      Stacey Brucale said...

      I love this layout! It's beautiful!

      xxsquigglesxx(at)gmail(dot)com

      Sara said...

      Love it! Love how you did the banner with the twine!

      Kaye said...

      Wonderful LO! Lost my mom to breast cancer and am sure using this on one of my memory pages! Thanks so much for sharing!

      melin221 said...

      I loved this layout and really appreciate the details given about how to "scrap-lift" the ideas! Amazing that you have only been scrapbooking for a year or so-give me inspiration as a newbie!!!

      thekolbes said...

      OMG I love it. Thanks for sharing
      Trish

      Kim said...

      Great layout. Love how you used the twine on the banner. TFS!

      Kim
      http://uscrap2.blogspot.com/

      Jaren said...

      Very nice layout. You gave me many ideas. Thanks.
      jarendubois@yahoo.com

      Rose said...

      Great LO!I love the Banner great idea & tips.Love the colors & the little gems.TFS all the details on your LO!

      Northwoodszoo said...

      An inspirational lay-out -- what a memorable way to display those heartwarming photos of the "cause".

      Just A Pac Rat said...

      Nice layout, TFS

      circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

      Luria said...

      Love this LO very pretty. TFS

      Luria

      Harriet said...

      very cute and really nice that it has so many places for pictures.

      Lucy said...

      Great cause and great layout!

      Karen said...

      Love this,what a great message!!!

      Lisa said...

      I love how it says race for a cure.

      About Me

      my photo
      Monique Griffith
      Rocklin, CA, United States
      The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.

      FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

      Counter

      Grab my Button!

      Monique Griffith Designs

      Get Email Alerts

      Enter your email address:

      Followers