- A Little Pick-me-Up
- Race for the Cure Layout
- New Official Cricut Blog
- Happy Wednesday-Hump Day!!
- Princess Layout Kit
- Disney Autograph Book - Plus Echo Park Blog Candy
- Gypsy Tote Winner Announced
- Play Time Layout with the E2
- Race for a Cure!
- Summer Layout & Card - Doodlecharms
- Happy Wednesday-Hump Day!!
- Announcing 2 Winners of Cricut Circle Quarter Memb...
- Cute Gypsy Tote Giveaway & Hello Card
- Race for the Cure - And the Cricut Circle Giveaway...
- Happy Mother's Day! Plus blog candy winner announ...
- Hope and Courage Card Set
- Friday's Guest Designer: Glue Meets Paper
- You Take the Cake Card & Birthday Pics
- Today is a BIG DAY!!
- Crop for the Cure & New Blog Candy!
- Winner Announced & Texas State Report
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (60)
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, May 13, 2011
10:31 AM | Posted by My Creative Time | | Edit Post
Good morning! All I have to say is "FINALLY"!!! I've been trying to do this post since yesterday afternoon! I apologize for this being so late:( Okay! First of all, my name is Emma w/My Creative Time & I would like to thank Miss Wendy & Miss Monique for giving me this FABULOUS opportunity to be a "Guest Designer" here! THANK YOU LADIES, I truly feel honored!;) I was asked to do a project "Breast Cancer" related, so this is what I came up with! I decided to do this 8x8 layout~ which I LOVE to do rather that a 12x12! I do like 12x12 layouts, BUT, if I had a choice, it will mostly be an 8x8! I used 3 different carts for this! "Stand & Solute", "Lacy Labels" & "George & Basic Shapes"! Below you can see how I layed it out in my "Gypsy Girl"!;)
This is how I designed it in my "Gypsy Girl"! Sorry the picture isn't very good:( Basically, this is how I came up w/my design. I got a square from "George Cart" & made it 8x8, used the border feature on "Stand & Salute" cart for my Adorable ribbons! I actually weldine 2 sets of ribbons together & they are sized at 1.32! Of course, if you are not a Gyspy owner, you can either size them at 1.25 or 1.50, it depends on what size layout you choose to go with! For the frame, where the picture goes~ I used "Lacy Labels" cart. There are 2, one is sized at 3.75 & I shadowed it w/another one sized at 4.0! After everything was cut out, then I decided it need those CUTE flowers! Those are a die set from Papertrey Ink & they come in a set of 3 different sizes! I thought they were PERFECT for my sentiments! For the base of my layout, I used an 8x8 paper pad made from Colorbok called "Fleamarket"! What a CUTE stack, I found this at my Joann's & it was PERFECT for this particular project. I was able to use this background paper as journaling paper as well! The paper for the flowers are from stampin up, the ribbons I used Rasberry Fizz cardstock from Papertrey Ink & the frames, the white & kraft cardstock are ALSO from Papertrey Ink! EVERY SINGLE SENTIMENT I used were all from my stamp set called "Race For A Cure" This is a VERY special set I designed & it's definitely my FAVORITE by far! By purchasing this set, you are partnering w/My Creative Time to help "Stamp Out" breast cancer. For each set that is purchased, My Creative Time will donate $2 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure!
In honor of this "Special Cause" I decided to do a special "Pink" giveaway here! All you would have to do is leave a comment here & a way for me to contact you & I will pick ONE "LUCKY" winner to win this cute pink tool kit for your cricut projects, my "Race for a cure" stamp set & a set of CUTE PINK acrylic blocks!
ALSO, for another "9" chances to win this AWESOME "Pink" prize package, you can visit my blog HERE! I also teamed up w/my design team & we did a little blog hop for this special cause as well! Just leave a comment on all the blogs in the hop & your name will be entered a total of "10" times for an opportunity to win all of this!!! All I ask, is if you all can be patient & just check throughout the day because alot of us had issues w/blogger & most of my designers will have their posts up by the end of the day! Make sure you leave a comment under the "Race for a cure" blog hop!
A HUGE "Thank you" hug to Sweet Miss Wendy & Miss Monique for this opportunity to be a "Guest Designer" for YOU!!;)
Big Hugs & Lots of Love,
- Monique Griffith
- Rocklin, CA, United States
- The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.