- A Little Pick-me-Up
- Race for the Cure Layout
- New Official Cricut Blog
- Happy Wednesday-Hump Day!!
- Princess Layout Kit
- Disney Autograph Book - Plus Echo Park Blog Candy
- Gypsy Tote Winner Announced
- Play Time Layout with the E2
- Race for a Cure!
- Summer Layout & Card - Doodlecharms
- Happy Wednesday-Hump Day!!
- Announcing 2 Winners of Cricut Circle Quarter Memb...
- Cute Gypsy Tote Giveaway & Hello Card
- Race for the Cure - And the Cricut Circle Giveaway...
- Happy Mother's Day! Plus blog candy winner announ...
- Hope and Courage Card Set
- Friday's Guest Designer: Glue Meets Paper
- You Take the Cake Card & Birthday Pics
- Today is a BIG DAY!!
- Crop for the Cure & New Blog Candy!
- Winner Announced & Texas State Report
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (60)
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
12:29 AM | Posted by Monique Griffith | | Edit Post
Hey, everyone! I want to thank you all for the sweet birthday wishes for me - and for the anniversary wishes for Wendy and her hubby. It was a great day! The project we're sharing with you today was made by Becca, and she had this to say about it:
"I made thisfor Monique. I've always wanted to do something with this cart. All of those birds are just so cute! I really enjoyed using the "Glossy Accents" to make the shiny dots on the background and on the bird's eye. What a neat product! I can't wait to use it more. Hope yall are havin' a great day so far."
Don't forget to leave a comment for Becca to be entered for this week's blog candy - a custom layout that I will design just for you in your choice of theme!
Cartridge: Three Birds on Parade. Paper: Fancy Pants, Bo Bunny Cardstock, DCWV Cardstock.
Need: Three Birds on Parade Cartridge, Pop Dots, General Adhesives, White Gel Pen, Glossy Accents - (clear bubble dots on back ground and on the bird's eye), DiamondButtercup Liquid Pearls - (cupcake), Rhinestones, Chalk Ink - Jumbo Java (brown), Malted Mauve, Aegean Blue.
Cuts: Cupcake Bird - 4 1/2", Cupcake Bird Shadow - 4 1/2", All Colored Layers - 4 1/2", Phrase "You Take the Cake" - 1 1/2", Phrase Shadow - 1 1/2".
Other Measurements: Card - 5 1/2" x 4 1/2", Polka Dot Mat - 5 1/2" x 4 1/2".
It's such a beautiful AND cute card, Becca! Thanks for making it for me!!!
In other news, my birthday was soooo superly duperly awesome! I got to sleep in til 10am (heaven!!), then out to lunch with mom, Lucy and Becca at Mimi's. We came home and got ready for a party with 55 people. Steph met us here to help get everything organized. It was our Team Monique dinner since the Race for the Cure is only a few days away, but it kinda turned into a birthday party. What a way to celebrate!
It was SOOOOOOO much stinkin' fun to have everyone here, and they even surprised me with a few gifts. My sweet husband got me an iphone, for crying out loud!!!! Please help welcome me into this century. Wendy and Stephanie went in on a gift certificate toward my pink ribbon butterfly tattoo, Lisa Kirk got me a beautiful salad bowl, Brenda got me a Vera Bradley gift cert, and Paul & Becca got me an Old Navy gift card. Plus - get this - remember the Tim Holtz item we had at the silent auction? Tim made it himself, signed it and donated it. It went for a hefty sum, but it was all just a sneaky plot by a bunch of my scrappin' friends to give it to ME for my birthday!!!!! Can you even believe that????? Oh my goodness, I am not kidding you - I have the best friends and family that a person could ever ever have! This has been the BEST birthday of my life!!!!! I'm gonna share a few pics of the party just because it was such a blast...
|Wendy with her girls - Brittney and Maddy|
|My little Emily with her Uncle Matt and Auntie Steph|
|My friend Jennifer Jackson who is an angel on earth.|
|Sharon, Erin and Steph - Love them!!!|
|Alison (my bestest friend of 20 years) and me.|
|Waiting in line for some grub.|
|Me with the team cake.|
|My hubby got me this new iphone. Woohoo!!!|
|Friends and fam hanging out in the living room.|
|Speech, speech, speech! I have no memory of what I said.|
|The sneaky surprise - the Tim Holtz treasure!!|
|Phyllis, Monty and Janet - some of my amazing scrappin' friends!|
|We had quite a crowd, and it was an evening I'll never forget!|
- Monique Griffith
- Rocklin, CA, United States
- The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.