Cricut Top 40

My BFF - The Bling Queen!

Pink Stamper

My Pink Stamper

Support Team Monique!

Oh My Crafts


OMC Button2

Stamps Alive

Hallmark Scrapbook

Everyday Cricut

cricutholiday

Obsessed with Scrapbooking

Powered by Blogger.

Expressions Vinyl

Lezlye's Ink & Paper

Lezlye's Ink and Paper Creations

Official Cricut Blog

Cricut: The Official Blog
Monday, February 1, 2010
If you know me or follow my blog, it's no huge secret that I like to go all out when it comes to my Cricut projects. But in reality, that's only when I'm designing for classes or kits, guest designing, etc. People often say things like "oh, your daughter's scrapbooks must be amazing." Ummm, nope. Not really. They're decent, but pretty average. I'd still be scrapping the first month of her life if I did every page like I do for a class, LOL.

So here are some examples of my simple scrapbooking. These have all been made recently for Emily's 5 year album. I'll post 5 more layouts tomorrow. And keep watching this week because on Wednesday, I'll post my newest Limited Edition kit "Bee Happy". Plus on Thursday, I'm going to do a review and a giveaway that I'm very excited about. Bring on the free stuff!!



Above: Emily's 5th birthday party. Carts used: Hello Kitty Greetings and Hello Kitty Font.


Cake time. Used HK Greetings and HK Font again. Oh, I NEEEED a Cricut Cake machine. Can't wait to get mine!


A little bit of rain, and a whole lotta shine. Both HK Carts used again. I'm getting my money's worth out of those!


Two days after her birthday, she started Kindergarten. I'm going to add "First Day of" above the Kindergarten title. Used Plantin Schoolbook for title.


Emily with her best friend, Ashlynne. I used Storybook for their names, and HK Font for "Best Friends". It's hard to see, but there's a journal tag that tucks into the border strip on the right page.


Super simple layout of the day we surprised Emily with a big play structure. The only Cricut work was the title, made with Cuttin' Up, and welded with Design Studio. And yes, I'm bad about journaling, but I will do it - promise!!

Thanks for stopping by. Check back tomorrow for more layouts!

15 comments:

caroline hancock said...

love all of these layouts. Dont you love it when you get your moneys worth out a cartridge, i know i did the other day when doing your winter magic layout.cant wait to see the next 5

Emily S said...

Your pages may seem simple to you, but I think they are absolutely GORGEOUS and I wish my "simple" were more like yours!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Love all your layouts... you are such so awesome...

Kwilt said...

Monique...these layouts are fantastic! I have a hard time journaling on my LO's too...I usually get a title on the page...but no description as to when, where, why or how! Maybe someday I'll take the time and plan it in...LOL
Huggs...Kathy

Veronica said...

Since you make all these awesome scrapbook pages do you have any tips on what glue to use to attach all the layers of pieces you cut on your Cricut? I just got one for Christmas and I've been experimenting with different glues but I always seem to make a mess. My glue dries clear but you can still see it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Veronica
vbbradford at gmail dot com

Monique Griffith said...

Veronica - great question. I'll tell you the different adhesives that I use. ATG 714 for most things like photo mats, large cuts, etc. Then I use either Dry Bond or Zip 2-way glue point with chisel tip for fine cuts. Dry Bond is hard to find, but you can buy it from www.suppliesnet.com. It's a tablet if tiny sticky dots, and I love it for tiny layers.
Hope that helps!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Monique, these are just so wonderful!!! I love ALL your creations!!!

yvette said...

I absolutely love the layouts!!

Ohhh Snap said...

Great Layouts! The colors are great and the banana paper is a hoot and a half! Thanks for sharing : ).

I love the Hello Kitty Font, it's so versatile.

Anonymous said...

Even your simple pages look amazing!

A Love for Scrapbooking said...

Still your simple pages ROCK!

Cricut Critter said...

Even your simple LOs come out GREAT, TFS!

Anonymous said...

*huge sigh of relief* well i think your pages are adorble but i have to admit i am feeling a little better knowing they don't ALL look like the amazing ones i have seen for kits and such!! now i can feel better about my scrapping again HAHHAHAHA!

had such a blast with you at CHA!! totally love ya!!
hugs
M

Unknown said...

Hi Monique!
Love your new layouts! Anxious to start attending your classes again. That break was WAY TOO LONG!!

Rozette said...

Ok call them what you want but they are not simple. They are very nice.

About Me

my photo
Monique Griffith
Rocklin, CA, United States
The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter

Grab my Button!

Monique Griffith Designs

Get Email Alerts

Enter your email address:

Followers