- Guest Designer Friday!!!
- Happy Easter Layout
- Happy Wednesday-Hump Day!!
- Froggy Kisses - Baby Boy Gift Bag & Card
- Cricut Magazine Volume 2 - Review and Blog Candy
- Winner of Basic Gray Paper Pack...
- About Team Monique - Race for the Cure
- First Birthday !
- Girl Stuff Layout with Paisley Cartridge
- Birthday Bash+Plus Blog Candy
- Music to My Ears - Disney Layout - Plus New Blog C...
- Last of the Stampede Memories. Plus blog candy wi...
- Greetings from the Cricut Stampede!
- Spring is in Bloom....
- Adios! I'm off to the Texas Cricut Stampede!
- Bubble Bath with Kate's ABC's
- Baby Shower Gift Bag & Card by Nana Susan
- Winners & Pack Your Bags Layout
- Pretty in Pink Girlie Mini Album
- Crumpled Flower Card
- Card with "A Childs Year"
- Stampede Layout with Old West Cartridge
- Blog Candy Cart, Free Directions, and a Video!
- Lots of Winners!
- Princess Layout, Video, & Just Because Card Kit
- Wendy's Altered Frame and Purse, Blog Candy & New ...
- Country Cards, Design Video & New "Explore" Spring...
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (60)
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, March 11, 2011
12:56 AM | Posted by 217 Creations | | Edit Post
Ready for pink and some bling?!?!?! Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations. I am here today as your Guest Designer. I am so honored that Monique and Wendy have invited me over to play! This mini is so chocked full that it took over 26 pictures just be able to show you all the details. Thank you Monique and Wendy!
This album was a request from my sister Gracie. She want a mini album that she could write down memories and love notes to her husband. She also want to be able to add photos and mementos. I just love how this turned out!
I started by creating this file on my Gypsy. The base of the album is actually the border feature on Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art. If you do not own this cartridge- BUY IT! I love all the Martha Stewart cartridges. They are so full of yummy content- several fonts, borders galore, frames, bases, shapes- I could go on and on. I sized all the borders with Real Size On to 7.75 inches. Each page is cut with a base, mat, top layer- for both front and back. This method of building takes more time but makes the album look fuller and more complete. I also inked all the edges of my chipboard with Ranger Paint Dabbers in Shell Pink. All the patterned paper is from DCWV All Dressed Up Stack.
"Time" from Graphically Speaking at 1.0 inches- Real Size Off
"Remember" from Graphically Speaking at 3.24 inches- Real Size Off
"Everyday Love" welded with Gypsy from Graphically Speaking and Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art at 1.81 inches- Real Size Off
"You and Me" Lyrical Letters at 2.29 inches- Real Size Off
All these cuts are from Home Decor. Real Size Off
Chandelier at 2.65 inches
Swirl 1 at 2.18 inches
Bracket 3.82 inches
The pockets are from Tags Bags Boxes and More at 6.18 inches
These journaling tags are from Fabulous Finds at 2.41 inches. I sized them to fit into the pockets. They will be perfect for writing those moments that my sister will not want to forget.
I folded the pockets and added some stretchy fishnet over the red cardstock for 3 of the pockets and sequin stitched pink paper to the other 3.
The cover has the large swirl on it. I added lots of metal embellishments.
I used Stickles and stringed bead to detail out the edges. Of course there is blingage all over. I added a metal tab from Making Memories to the top that says "Strong". The flowers are handmade from melted satin fabric. Want to know how to make 'em? Watch this video:
So here are the inside pages. I hope they give you lots of inspiration to make your own version! I left her plenty of room to add her own photos and journaling. I think I will include a white Signo Pen for her to be able to write on the dark paper.
The back cover is so pretty! I used spray adhesive to adhere the lace to the paper. I prefer spray adhesive for delicate ribbons and cuts.
I love the cover the best! I hope she makes this album she will treasure and share with her husband.
If you would like to download this Gypsy file for free, please visit my blog at 217 Creations.
I really appreciate all the support and thank you as always for leaving comments, following and subscribing here at Monique Griffith Designs and on my personal blog at 217 Creations.
- Monique Griffith
- Rocklin, CA, United States
- The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.