- Guest Designer on Monique Griffith Designs
- Behind the Scenes
- Have a Super Birthday
- Celebrate Card by Nana Susan
- Blog Candy Cartridge, Easter Pics & Tea Party Layo...
- Inappropriate Easter Card
- Guest Designer: Court's Crafts
- Love You a Latte Card
- Happy Birthday to Cricut
- "Joy" Decorative Canvas
- A Winner, A Favor, and a Disney Layout...
- Sweet Bunny Easter Card
- Hop into Easter~~~~~Please click to enlarge:)
- Springy Sunshine Blossoms of Life Flowing Through ...
- My Girl with Mother's Day Cartridge
- Elegant Cards & Bustier Gift Box - Summer in Paris...
- R is for Rabbit - Layout using Kate's ABCs - Plus ...
- Here are the Winners of the Directions...
- Time Mini Album
- Queen for a Day & Team Monique T-Shirts
- It's Wednesday and I'm Egg'cited to be here!!
- A Little Bird Card
- Toy Story Layout & New Blog Candy
- Announcing 4 Winners of the Cricut Magazine...
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (60)
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, April 4, 2011
11:36 PM | Posted by Monique Griffith | | Edit Post
I've gotta say that I'm so thrilled that you all enjoyed yesterday's Toy Story layout. In case it isn't obvious by now, I LOOOOOVE doing layouts! I'd love to do one every single day - wouldn't that be fun? But alas, life pops up and says "Too bad! You have other responsibilities!" I am going to try to do one more this week, though, so wish me luck.
For today, we have a very special Guest Designer - Lucy Griffith! Lucy is my mom-in-law, and she lives here with us and is a very dear member of our family. And did you know that the three of us ladies (my mom and Lucy and me) all share one big craft room? We spend a good chunk of our day sitting around our scrap tables pretending to be busy. And once in a while we even make something! Lucy mostly makes cards, and she is quite good at it. So I want to show off one that she made just recently - I think it's adorable! Don't forget to leave a comment for Lucy - this is her first time as a Guest Designer. Oh, plus it enters you for this weeks blog candy, which is 5 sets of directions.
The patterned paper is from Pebbles Tree House Collection, and the cardstock is from Stampin' Up. Lucy used The Straight from the Nest cartridge to cut the bird at 2" (pg 28 in booklet), and the grass at 1/2". She inked and popped up the bird with pop dots. The "A little bird told me" phrase is from Just Because Cards cart, cut at 2 1/4", as is the circle which was also cut at 2 1/4".
The folded card is 4 3/4" x 6 3/4". The white mat is 4 1/2" x 6 1/2". Red mat is 4 1/4" x 6 1/4", and the printed mat is 4" x 6". She also added Diamond Stickles and used her white Signo gel pen to add some extra details.
Lucy always dresses up the insides of her cards. I don't know where she gets the patience. I'm always exhausted after I do the outside, so I ignore the insides - I'm bad!! She used the Birthday Bash cart to cut "It's your Birthday" with Real Dial Size on at 2 1/4", and she cut off the bow. She also used the Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots folder to emboss the yellow piece, and of course inked the edges to add more depth.
With energy to spare, Lucy even created a matching envelope liner - yowza! I'm lucky if my cards even get an envelope, let alone one this fancy!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're having a wonderful week!!
- Monique Griffith
- Rocklin, CA, United States
- The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.