- Guest Designer on Monique Griffith Designs
- Behind the Scenes
- Have a Super Birthday
- Celebrate Card by Nana Susan
- Blog Candy Cartridge, Easter Pics & Tea Party Layo...
- Inappropriate Easter Card
- Guest Designer: Court's Crafts
- Love You a Latte Card
- Happy Birthday to Cricut
- "Joy" Decorative Canvas
- A Winner, A Favor, and a Disney Layout...
- Sweet Bunny Easter Card
- Hop into Easter~~~~~Please click to enlarge:)
- Springy Sunshine Blossoms of Life Flowing Through ...
- My Girl with Mother's Day Cartridge
- Elegant Cards & Bustier Gift Box - Summer in Paris...
- R is for Rabbit - Layout using Kate's ABCs - Plus ...
- Here are the Winners of the Directions...
- Time Mini Album
- Queen for a Day & Team Monique T-Shirts
- It's Wednesday and I'm Egg'cited to be here!!
- A Little Bird Card
- Toy Story Layout & New Blog Candy
- Announcing 4 Winners of the Cricut Magazine...
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (60)
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, April 4, 2011
1:54 AM | Posted by Monique Griffith | | Edit Post
Is it Monday already??? I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was productive AND relaxing - just perfect! Ok, well first of all, it's a new week and that means NEW blog candy. So the winner of this week's blog candy will receive FIVE sets of our full Cricut project directions of their choice. Each set is typically 4-6 pages of detailed, yet easy to follow directions with Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what to cut on your machine, plus written instructions and plenty of color photographs. This is a $50 value. AND there will be not just one winner, but TWO winners. So be sure to leave a comment on today's post, and come back each day this week for more chances. Want a BONUS CHANCE??? If you have a blog - just add my button to your blog's sidebar. See my right hand sidebar for the code. Then you can come back and leave a second comment on today's post telling me that you added it. That's it! Good luck!
So today's layout is hot off the presses - the Stickles are barely dry! Who loves Disney? I sure do!! And I've been wanting to do a Toy Story layout ever since this cartridge came out. I finally found the perfect papers (which will work for boys OR girls!), and really had fun putting this together. Ok, ok, I will warn you that Buzz and Woody are not the easiest Cricut cuts to layer. There are a lot of little pieces, and the pictures in the cartridge booklet are super tiny, so it can be hard to see where they all go based on just using the booklet. But looking at a larger image would make it much easier. Keeping in mind the multitude of tiny pieces, I decided to make Buzz and Woody pretty big - they're much easier to put together that way, and I really wanted them to be the focus of the layout anyway. But you do need to have a safe place to keep your little pieces while you're working, and a good glue pen or Dry Bond for attaching them when you're ready. I would say this is a layout for Intermediate to Advanced Cricuteers.
And yes, this IS a kit - and a class too, actually. For you locals, the class will be Wednesday, April 20th from 6-10pm here in Rocklin, CA. For the rest of you, the kits will be ready to ship just a short time later on April 28th. To order the kit or sign up for the class, email me at email@example.com. Tell me which class/kit, your state and preferred payment method (check or PayPal). See below for more details...
Included with this kit, you will receive all of the patterned papers and cardstock needed to complete the layout. (This kit uses a LOT of paper since there are so many large cuts and so much layering going on.) Some of the background strips and photo mat inserts will be pre-cut for you. You'll also get the full directions with Cricut Cut Chart, well-organized written instructions and several color photographs.
To complete the project as shown, you will need the following supplies: Cricut Expression and mat, Toy Story cartridge, dark brown chalk ink, white gel pen, brown pen, 3D pop dots, Diamond Stickles, a good glue pen or adhesive for fine cuts, basic tools and adhesive and possibly tweezers - oh, and a little patience!
The complete kit (or class) is $25, or you can always purchase just the directions for $10. Shipping is available, and is $5 in California or $6-$9 to the rest of the US, depending on location. I'm happy to combine shipping if you're purchasing other kits. Click HERE to see what else is available.
Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered for the blog candy - and add my button to your blog for your bonus chance as well!
- Monique Griffith
- Rocklin, CA, United States
- The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.