- Guest Designer on Monique Griffith Designs
- Behind the Scenes
- Have a Super Birthday
- Celebrate Card by Nana Susan
- Blog Candy Cartridge, Easter Pics & Tea Party Layo...
- Inappropriate Easter Card
- Guest Designer: Court's Crafts
- Love You a Latte Card
- Happy Birthday to Cricut
- "Joy" Decorative Canvas
- A Winner, A Favor, and a Disney Layout...
- Sweet Bunny Easter Card
- Hop into Easter~~~~~Please click to enlarge:)
- Springy Sunshine Blossoms of Life Flowing Through ...
- My Girl with Mother's Day Cartridge
- Elegant Cards & Bustier Gift Box - Summer in Paris...
- R is for Rabbit - Layout using Kate's ABCs - Plus ...
- Here are the Winners of the Directions...
- Time Mini Album
- Queen for a Day & Team Monique T-Shirts
- It's Wednesday and I'm Egg'cited to be here!!
- A Little Bird Card
- Toy Story Layout & New Blog Candy
- Announcing 4 Winners of the Cricut Magazine...
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (60)
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
12:56 PM | Posted by Monique Griffith | | Edit Post
I have been wanting to make this Easter card for a long time. It's based on a funny little comic I saw once and it cracked me up. So yes, it's a bit inappropriate, especially since I'm giving it to my daughter. But I can tell you right now she'll love it. Her sense of humor is as messed up as mine is.
The card itself is 4 3/4" x 6 3/4". The white mat is 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", and the striped mat is 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". The chocolate bunnies are from the Easter cart. I think the left bunny was cut at about 3" (on Flip), and the right bunny is 3 3/4" (also with Flip). The background scalloped circle was cut at 4 1/2" with Real Dial Size on, and the grass was cut three times at 2". Everything is inked except the brown cuts. I used a Stampin' Up scalloped circle punch to take a "bite" out of the left bunny's butt, and the right bunny's ear.
The little talkie bubbles are from George. I printed off the sayings on my printer, and then cut them into the talkie bubble shapes. the left one is 1 1/2", and the right one is 1 1/4". Both are inked and shadowed.
Inside the card: The white mat is 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", and the pink polka dot mat is 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". The chocolate bunny is 3 3/4", and the Happy Easter sentiment is printed and then cut at 1 1/2". The smaller white mat is 3" x 3 3/4". The smaller blue mat is 2 3/4" x 3 1/2", and the smaller yellow mat is 2 1/2" x 3 1/4".
This will go perfectly with a treat box I made last year as part of a kit, and never gave it to my little girl. So now I have a lovely matched set. The treat box is also from the Easter cartridge, though I don't recall what size it was cut at - I think somewhere around 9".
Be sure to leave a comment for this week's blog candy - your choice of any in-stock kit or 5 sets of directions. Have a very Happy Easter! And enjoy your chocolate bunnies, hehe!
- Monique Griffith
- Rocklin, CA, United States
- The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.