- Guest Designer on Monique Griffith Designs
- Behind the Scenes
- Have a Super Birthday
- Celebrate Card by Nana Susan
- Blog Candy Cartridge, Easter Pics & Tea Party Layo...
- Inappropriate Easter Card
- Guest Designer: Court's Crafts
- Love You a Latte Card
- Happy Birthday to Cricut
- "Joy" Decorative Canvas
- A Winner, A Favor, and a Disney Layout...
- Sweet Bunny Easter Card
- Hop into Easter~~~~~Please click to enlarge:)
- Springy Sunshine Blossoms of Life Flowing Through ...
- My Girl with Mother's Day Cartridge
- Elegant Cards & Bustier Gift Box - Summer in Paris...
- R is for Rabbit - Layout using Kate's ABCs - Plus ...
- Here are the Winners of the Directions...
- Time Mini Album
- Queen for a Day & Team Monique T-Shirts
- It's Wednesday and I'm Egg'cited to be here!!
- A Little Bird Card
- Toy Story Layout & New Blog Candy
- Announcing 4 Winners of the Cricut Magazine...
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► 2009 (60)
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, April 15, 2011
9:20 PM | Posted by Monique Griffith | | Edit Post
Who's in the mood for Easter? Me, me, me!!! I even decided to whip up a little Easter card last night, so I thought I'd share it with you. I made this for Emily's 1st grade teacher, who is just wonderful. This was pretty simple to make, and probably took me about an hour, which is FAST for me!! I'll give you all of the cut sizes and info below, so you can make one yourself if you'd like. And don't forget to leave a comment for another chance at this week's blog candy - a collection of Liquid Pearls and Stickles.
Oh, and since I've had about a dozen emails asking me where to buy Liquid Pearls, I will say this. I now carry them for my local peeps to buy when they're here for classes and crops. If you're not local, but are purchasing a kit that needs to be shipped, I would be happy to add these to your order. I just don't sell them individually online because I can't keep up with the demand, shipping, etc. Anyway, if you do want to add them to your order, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. They're $2.50/bottle, and here are the colors I currently have in stock: Silver, Ruby Red, Peacock, Lavender, Baby Blue, Flamingo, Rouge, Ocean Blue, Platinum, Petal Pink, Buttercup, and Bisque.
Here's the info for this Easter card. The card itself was cut from A Child's Year at 6 1/2" - and it cuts the bunnies right out of the card. How cute is that? The word "Easter" was cut from Designer's Calendar at 1 3/4". I cut it in 3 different colors, and just off-set them to give that shadowed look. Finally, the cross was cut from the Easter seasonal mini cartridge at 3 1/2".
When you open up the card, you'll see kind of a card within a card. I tend to do this whenever I make window cut cards, so that you can still see through the front of the card, but doing this allows you to write inside of the card without having the writing show through to the front. Ok, so the inner large white mat measures 6" x 4 1/2". Then the brown "inner card" is cut at 5 1/2" x 8", and folded to 5 1/2" x 4". Inside of the brown inner card is one more white mat, which measures 5" x 3 1/2".
I inked pretty much everything, including the inside edge of the cut out bunnies. And I forgot to take a picture of it, but I took the bunnies that cut out, and I inked them too and then glued them onto the envelope. Btw, I was able to use a standard 5 x 7 envelope. Most of the cards that you can cut from the ACY cartridge will work with a 5 x 7 envelope if you cut the card at 6 1/2". It's a super simple and adorable way to start making a card and then you can add little embellishments to it - I highly recommend trying it out!
The paper used is from Basic Grey - the Hopscotch line, including the solids. The ribbon is from Stampin' Up (Apricot Appeal color), and the flowers are just some fabric flowers I had sitting around. I also added self-adhesive pearls to the middle of each flower. Thanks for stopping by today, and have a wonderful weekend! Also, a huge thank you to Krista Norman for being our Guest Designer on Friday - what a cute and cheerful Easter layout she posted!
- Monique Griffith
- Rocklin, CA, United States
- The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.