Cricut Top 40

My BFF - The Bling Queen!

Pink Stamper

My Pink Stamper

Support Team Monique!

Oh My Crafts


OMC Button2

Stamps Alive

Hallmark Scrapbook

Everyday Cricut

cricutholiday

Obsessed with Scrapbooking

Powered by Blogger.

Expressions Vinyl

Lezlye's Ink & Paper

Lezlye's Ink and Paper Creations

Official Cricut Blog

Cricut: The Official Blog
Monday, November 23, 2009





Welcome to Home Decor Tuesday! This is my week as Guest Designer for the Christmas with the Cricut BLOG. Be sure to check it out as there are some mind-blowing projects and tons of giveaways! Also, don't miss Mandy Ferg's BLOG this week as she is super duper talented and will be posting each day as well.

Alrighty, here's a project entirely from the Winter Woodland cartridge. Even before this cart came out, I was dying to get my hands on it so I could make one of these amazing 3D buildings.
























For very complete directions click HERE. This will take you to my pdf file of my *full* directions, which will also show you the type of directions that I include with ALL of my classes and kits. (If it's not working, email me at moniquegriffith@yahoo.com and I'd be happy to send you the file.) This is 4 pages, and includes my Cricut Cut Chart, which shows you line by line exactly what you need to cut on your machine - and all cuts are grouped by color so it's nice and efficient. Hope you enjoy this special peek at my directions!!!

Here's the basics of how I created this cozy little Christmas house. I used 12x24 Bazzill cardstock (the "Preppy" collection). The 12x24 Bazzill cardstock is exclusive to OhMyCrafts.com, and it's gorgeous. So I cut out the house on page 75 of the booklet, and then referred to pages 82-85 for a visual on how to score, fold and assemble it. Btw, this house is pretty good-sized. It stands 11" tall at the height of the chimney (and it's going to look so dang cute on my fireplace mantle!).

I cut a couple of gray strips and ran them through my Cuttlebug with the Tiny Mosaics folder to make them look like a brick border. I added some trees around this border as well as the cute bunny. Then I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the middle section. I added some branches to the front on top of the ribbon, and then added a poinsettia on each of the 4 sides - also on top of the ribbon. Well, I just had to add a monogram "G" to make it my own - how fun is that? And then I added snow and snowflakes to the roof and chimney.

The 3D trees are from pages 72-73 in your booklet. You can certainly make them out of a single layer of heavy cardstock, but I wasn't having much luck getting mine to stay put this way. I had to yell "Timber!!!" too many times, so I decided to make them out of chipboard first and then sandwich the chipboard between layers of green cardstock. I had to widen the slits of the trees just a tiny bit, but now they're nice and sturdy and don't fall over. I did the same with the 3D snowman too.

If you know me, you know I'm all about the details! So of course I had to go and add lots of Stickles (Diamond color), rhinestons to the trees, and some little accents with my trusty Signo Uniball white gel pen. You could really go nuts with the embellishing and make it extra fabulous!

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for my elegant Gift Packaging project. Oh, and thank you to all of you for posting such nice comments on yesterday's project. I couldn't believe you all liked my video so much. Maybe I'll do another one someday!

53 comments:

Debbie said...

This is unbelievable. Just awesome.

How do I go about getting your kits you have available? I can't seem to find an area on your blog about it.

Debbie Meyer
jmeyer1@woh.rr.com

Marlene W said...

WOW....it's awesome..love your work. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what you do next.

Christina Thomas said...

Ummm. What do I say about this project. Oh Yeah
WOW
Hugs,
Christina

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

Just gorgeous. I love the embellishments and your attention to detail.

Unknown said...

Wow! You blew the doors off with this one. Monique! I really love what you did with Winter Woodland!

dee said...

Wow Wow Wow!!!! What a beautiful home decor you have made... I love looking at the pictures and looking at all the details. I truly enjoyed looking at your project thanks for sharing.

love2create said...

Your house is sooo gorgeous! I don't have this cart yet, but it's on my Christmas list, so hopefully I'll be getting it.

Jean

4kids4 said...

I'm the 1st!! I LOVE your project...everything you did with the house is just perfect, perfect! Glad you're into the details...even the little ones add so much. TFS!

TxLonestarAngel said...

Adorable little house, love the 3D accessories!

XX
Stephanie

Nana Mouse said...

What an outstanding Christmas house!! Thank you for all of the time you took to add the extra instructions!!

Peggy

DonnaMundinger said...

Absolutely ADORABLE Monique! You're quite the inspiration to try one of these! xxD

Jessica said...

Very pretty!Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wow that is absolutely beautiful. You put so much detail into it. Very nice work you do. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous house!!! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing the instructions, I have enjoyed seeing your work on the Cricut MB, and you do not disappoint with your projects!

Your talent is amazing!

Cheers!
Lisa Sturgill
LisaRN499@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Love this 3D project. I am going to have to try that feature of this cart. TFS Bobbi M.

shari said...

OMG this is absolutely georgous! Beautiful job. Shari (cricutrookie)

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

OH MONIQUE....THIS IS AWESOME!! Love the house, the trees and the snowman....LOVE ALL THE DETAILS!!! Hugs, T

Sharon said...

This is just fabulous! Love all the embellies you added to everything. The sparkle and shine! Wonderful Home Decor!! Love it!! :)

MizMaryAnn said...

Your house is soooo beautiful. There are so many things to comment on so I'll just say I love every part of it. Wonderful work.

janst said...

I wish I had this cart, it just so doable.(Is that a word?)
TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Monique you are just so talented. This is just beyond what words can describe. You are totally amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

lavendarrose29 said...

Wow all the detail you put into this house reminds me of Gingerbread house contest. You would win for sure.

Alexa said...

Wow, amazing, looks beautiful! I love it!

Cricut Critter said...

The house is gorgeous! I love all of your details!!

Crooked Scrapper said...

Again, another great job. You amaze me with all of your little details.

Unknown said...

Another fantastic project, Monique! You Rock ;)
Thanks again for sharing your awesome talents with us!!
Hugs,
Rachel

Angela Willmon said...

I wanna live there . . .Love it! -Angela W.

scrappinpatty said...

These houses are wonderful! Thanks!

icraft2create.com said...

I love your house! What incredible detail! I tried to make a halloween house from this cart and didn't have a lot of luck but I think I'll try again with this one! Thanks.

dianne said...

I downloaded your directions, so when Santa brings me my cart, I can follow your directions and have a Beautiful house too. Thanks for sharing. :)

GrannyCharlotte said...

Awesome!!! The detail is fantastic. Love seeing all the creativity that is showing up on Christmas with the Cricut. Thanks for sharing.
c1130cc@bellsouth.net

Susan said...

WOW!! Your dimension is fabulous! Great directions!
Susan

Ladybug said...

OMG --- your house and accessories are gorgeous. And....the chart you created is totally awesome!! TFS!

Joy said...

Oh what an adorable house !!!! It is just precious !! Love that snow man too!! What a great project!!!

Katherine said...

Monique, this is so cute! Thanks for providing the detailed instructions. You do such a great job with them.

mary said...

So cute! I had better stay away from any houses. I am a recovering Dept 56 Christmas Village addict and I just might slip off the bandwagon if I go near a Christmas house, be it of paper or porcelain. LOL, but true!!!

farmhouse-story said...

your projects here are wonderful!

Barbara said...

Beautiful. I love your work. I love the detail. I tried to download the pdf file but the link was broken. Have you pulled the directions? Again you do beautiful work. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Monique Griffith said...

Barbara, I'm not sure what's going on - it could be a problem with mediafire as I sure didn't pull the directions. If you'll email me at moniquegriffith@yahoo.com I'd be happy to email you the file.

lynnW said...

wow another great idea ty.
LynnW
Emsandjesmom20003@yahoo.com

LynnW said...

wow what a great house that cartridge is great ... On my wish list...lol
Lynn
Emsandjesmom2003@yahoo.com

LynnW said...

wow Love that cartridge have to add it to my wish list...lol
LynnW
emsandjesmom20003@yahoo.com

LynnW said...

need to check it out its GREAT
Thanks 4 sharing
LynnW
Emsandjesmom2003@yahoo.com

linda loe said...

Ohh this house is stunning. Love all of it. Thank you for the inspiration.

LadyintheWoods said...

Wow! What a beautiful project. You really inspire me to try different techniques (I thought I was just a scrap-booker). Thank you for sharing those excellent instructions!

alinegreetings said...

Hi there, I love all the things you do, as far as the vinyl, I want to try any, I haven't figured out what I would like or get to try it. So I would like either.

alinegreetings said...

Here is my additiona comment, the carnation pink is really cute, I could do dots for a friend who is having a girl for her wall

Monique Griffith said...

Arline, your posts for the vinyl giveaway need to be on the vinyl giveaway section rather than this Home Decor Tuesday post.

Caity Sue said...

I want to use the Home Decor cartridge to cut vinyl for my scrapping cabinet doors. I think that would look so awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I made one, but like yours much better. I am going to make anothr one! Thanks for being such a great inspiration!
Becky in VA

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa post on Dec. 26, 2009. Thanks again.

Shan said...

Hi I just found your website and I LOVE this! Where do you find the chipboard to cut with your cricut with and can you tell me the settings? I was looking for projects using this cartridge and found your website. You are a very talented lady! Also I'd like to wish you the best with your fight!

Shan said...

Hi I just found your website and I LOVE this! Where do you find the chipboard to cut with your cricut with and can you tell me the settings? I was looking for projects using this cartridge and found your website. You are a very talented lady! Also I'd like to wish you the best with your fight!

About Me

my photo
Monique Griffith
Rocklin, CA, United States
The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter

Grab my Button!

Monique Griffith Designs

Get Email Alerts

Enter your email address:

Followers