Cricut Top 40

My BFF - The Bling Queen!

Pink Stamper

My Pink Stamper

Support Team Monique!

Oh My Crafts


OMC Button2

Stamps Alive

Hallmark Scrapbook

Everyday Cricut

cricutholiday

Obsessed with Scrapbooking

Powered by Blogger.

Expressions Vinyl

Lezlye's Ink & Paper

Lezlye's Ink and Paper Creations

Official Cricut Blog

Cricut: The Official Blog
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
This week is really flying by. I can't believe it's Thursday already - Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope you have a warm and wonderful holiday with the people you love! My week as Guest Designer for Christmas with the Cricut continues. Be sure to check out their amazing blog HERE every day for incredible Christmas ideas and awesome giveaways. They are a supremely talented bunch over there. Also be sure to pop in to Mandy's blog HERE as she is the other Guest Designer this week, and is hitting it out of the park every time!!

One more quick note: Don't miss my blog post directly below this one as I am introducing my brand new Cricut kit "Winter Magic" which uses the Winter Woodland cartridge.


Alrighty, let's get down to business, shall we? I went all out on this layout - maybe even a little overboard. But that's what happens when I get my hands on gorgeous paper. I can't help it!! This paper is by My Mind's Eye from their Wonderful Winter stack. It's glittery and just makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. I pieced together the background strips that go through the middle of the pages, and used lots of dark brown chalk ink all over the place. I also used the Stampin' Up! scallop border punch for the red strips. Btw, if you're going to try out this layout, there are many things you could easily simplify and still get the basic look and feel. You can ignore my ridiculous need to add too much detail.

So I used both Winter Woodland and Everyday Paper Dolls on this layout, and I'll tell you the sizes that I used for the cuts. Here we go. From Winter Woodland: The Building is 9 1/4", Trees are 3 3/4" and 4 1/4", "HOME" title is 2", "for the HOLIDAYS" title is 1 1/2", Bird is 1 1/4", Branch1 on left page is 2 1/2", Branch2 on right page is 1 3/4", Poinsettias are 1 3/4", Snowman is 3 1/2", Squirrel is 1 1/2" flipped. Obscenely tiny holly leaves to make wreath are 1/2". Snowflakes are 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and 1 3/4".

From Everyday Paper Dolls: Airplane is 2", Car is 3 1/2", Suitcases are cut at 3 1/2" and 3", Dog is 1 1/4". This cartridge doesn't actually offer layers for the airplane and car - no shadow, no nothing. So what I did is cut the airplane out in several different colors, and cut away the different parts that I wanted in different colors and layered them on top of the light blue base. I also cut the plane in red and off-set that underneath to make it look like a shadow. I used this same basic process for the car, but without the shadow.

A few little details: I Cuttlebugged the house with the Tiny Mosaics folder and then lightly inked the texture. The cardstock I used for the base of the house, which is the yellow that shows in the windows is by Core'dinations, and I sanded it down a bit to make more of the yellow show through the whitewash for a soft, glowy look. To create the wreath on the door (I can't believe there's no wreath in the WW cart!), I cut super tiny holly leaves in green and ice blue, inked them and glued them onto a letter "o" (you may need tweezers and a microscope if you want to try this). Then the tiny bow was cut off of the baby's bonnet on the Everyday Paper Dolls cart. Also, I used lots of chipboard and pop-dots here and there because I'm obsessed with dimension. My scrapbook may not close with this layout inside, LOL! The ribbon I used is from Stampin' Up, and I also added lots of Diamond Stickles and white dots. Bling, bling!

I sure hope you're enjoying my projects this week. I've really had fun reading over your sweet comments! Thanks for letting me share my work with you!! Be sure to check back tomorrow as I've got a very special card for Fancy Card Friday. My mom is already trying to get me to sell it to her. Yeah, right - nice try, Mom! ;) Happy Holidays!!

45 comments:

Shirley said...

Beautiful...you put in so much detail. I love the paper colors.

Sherri said...

Beautiful layout!

Maria said...

I just looooove all your details! It´s beautiful!

Monique said...

Wow, this is really gorgious !! I love everything about it. So many lovely details !!!

Hugs Monique

Dawn McCarty said...

very nice I love it

Candie said...

Just Beautiful!!

Candie said...

Beautiful!!!!!!

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all the time you put into your fantastic layouts.

Brens Designs said...

What an adorable layout! Love it!!!

Steph Ackerman said...

THis is absolutely stunning. Overboard indeed, but gorgeous.

Becky Moore said...

What a fabulous layout! I love all the intricate details even though my own skill level would require the simplified version! LOL Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Deena said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! You really did an amazing job on your layouts!

~BridgetL~ said...

What a beautiful layout.
Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving :)

dee said...

Your Home for the Holidays layout is outstanding!!! I can't believe all the details you put in. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is adorable...I love everything about it! (I must get the ww cart.) Thank you for sharing your talent w us! Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan said...

Absolutely beautiful! Such detailed work. Love your additional layout! I'm THANKFUL I found your blog!
Susan

mekei said...

this is absolutely gorgeous.

Amanda said...

Your designs are absolutely beautiful! I added your blog to favs list. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. I would love to see a tutorial of how you decorate your letters on "Home for the Holidays"!!

Crooked Scrapper said...

Another marvelious layout. I love the color combo.

Billie A said...

This layout is so cute and detailed love it. Wonderful work and use of colors and view. Thanks for showing.

Marlene W said...

Beautiful....Love all your detail, especially the squirrel. thanks for sharing
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Luria said...

Oh WOW.. I love this very pretty you are a very talented lady. Thanks for sharing this. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

riad2004@bellsouth.net

penny said...

I literally gasped when i saw these layouts, they're absolutely amazing, what kind of white marker do you use, I have the hardest time finding one that doesn't "disappear" after it's dried for a while, especially on really dark cardstock, I'd really appreciate it, if you could tell me where you find these markers and what the name is, thanks in advance.

Monique Griffith said...

Penny, I use a Signo Uniball white gel pen, and it is the BEST in the universe hands down!

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!!

Kris in AK said...

In a word.... AWESOME! I am not a scrapbooker... I make cards... but this layout may just change my mind on that! So glad you are the guest designer this week!
Kris in AK
funamom at yahoo dot com

Emily S said...

Wow what a GORGEOUS layout!! Great job and have a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Emily

windchase said...

This is a gorgeous layout! You amaze me with how intricate & detailed it is.

icraft2create.com said...

Ok, it's gorgeous! I am so glad to have found your blog, I get to see such great stuff that is really inspiring! Thanks!

Mariangeli said...

What a amaizing loyout!!!!! I love it!!!!

Sharon said...

WOW! Did I say WOW?! This is just awesome!! I just LOVE all the details! My own scrapbooking is so simple but I'm gonna have to try some of this! OMG! This is just beautiful! Oh, and did I say WOW!!!
:)

jd said...

You always hit it out of the park. I don't think I ever see something you have created that isn't fabulous! Thanks and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Chai Dackermann said...

So cute, I want this cart. Imay have to go buy it this weekend.

Wendy aka Bling Queen said...

OMG- I love this layout. It is over the top amazing.

dianne said...

Wow, My granddaughter said amazing, and she loves your skill(Cheyenne is 10, and an avid scrapbooker). I will have to scraplift some of your ideas. Thanks for sharing.

TxLonestarAngel said...

You have such wonderful talent love your work!

XX
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING!!! Your really outdid yourself, beautiful job!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Christine said...

Your layout is stunning. Your obsession with detail and dimension is a good thing!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Live Love and Scrap said...

Okay, so my jaw just HIT THE FLOOR!!! This one is gorgeous....GORGEOUS!!!

Ladybug said...

Simply beautiful LO, Monique. I'm going to miss seeing you at CWTC, but at least I'm a follower of your blog, so can check back lots! ;-)

Unknown said...

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! Love every single detail!

Jen said...

You might call it a "ridiculous need to over embellish" (I think that's what you said...) but I call it FAB! Another wonderful layout! Thank you so much for sharing.

scrappingnana said...

Wow, this is gorgeous and so much detail. Thanks so much for sharing all the tips & techniques.

Anonymous said...

Love this layout!!!!

mimi

Nancy E said...

Such a wonderful Layout, thanks for Sharing. Have a great Summer

About Me

my photo
Monique Griffith
Rocklin, CA, United States
The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter

Grab my Button!

Monique Griffith Designs

Get Email Alerts

Enter your email address:

Followers