Cricut Top 40

My BFF - The Bling Queen!

Pink Stamper

My Pink Stamper

Support Team Monique!

Oh My Crafts


OMC Button2

Stamps Alive

Hallmark Scrapbook

Everyday Cricut

cricutholiday

Obsessed with Scrapbooking

Powered by Blogger.

Expressions Vinyl

Lezlye's Ink & Paper

Lezlye's Ink and Paper Creations

Official Cricut Blog

Cricut: The Official Blog
Friday, November 27, 2009
Welcome to Friday! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! We sure did, and even got to run and buy some irresistible cartridges at M's tonight. And I'm going back out into the madness in just a few hours after my nap tonight, hehe.

As you know, this week I am a Guest Designer for the Christmas with the Cricut Blog HERE. Make sure you check it out and leave a comment to have a chance at winning some cartridges. Also stop by Mandy's blog HERE and see what adorable card she has created.


I decided to make a "gate fold" card since I haven't done one in a couple of years. They are such fun and offer extra little places to decorate and embellish - perfect for a fancy card, right? So here's the basics of what I did. Since I'm obsessed with my long 12x24 cardstock (this color only available through OhMyCrafts), I used a piece of brown and cut a strip that's 5" x 14". I then left the center piece at 5" x 7" and folded the 2 flap pieces inward. (You can still make this type of card without the long cardstock - either make it a little smaller, or piece it together and have a seam in the back.) All of the other papers are from My Mind's Eye, and a couple of small cuts of SU solid cardstock. I cut various pieces of the MME papers to cover the flaps inside and out, and the middle area as well. I did loads of layering and inking, and attached 2 Karen Foster brads to the outside flaps for a closure.

On the inside left flap, I created a gift card holder by cutting a piece of patterned paper, and using a SU 1 1/4" circle punch to punch a notch in it, then glued that paper on 3 sides as a pocket. Don't forget the yummy Starbucks card! On the inside right flap, I needed a place to write a sentiment, so I made sort of a card within the card. This way I could still decorate the front of this mini card and still have plenty of space to write inside.


Here's the basic Cricut cuts I used. From Everyday Paper Dolls, I cut the snow kids and their gear all at 3 1/2". Aren't they just too cute? They make me want to go sledding! And from the Winter Woodland cartridge, I cut the Warm Wishes title at 2 3/4" (it's actually Warm "Winter" Wishes in the cart, but due to space, I removed the "Winter" part). Also from WW, the cap was cut at 2 1/4", the mittens and scarf at 2", snowflakes are 1 1/2", "Brrrr" is 1 1/4", and the tags to write the sentiment were cut at 4".



Be sure to check back tomorrow for my Crafty Gift project. It's a little something I made for my daughter. :)

38 comments:

Brens Designs said...

How cute! Love this card! Gonna give this type of card a try today! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your layouts. Thank you
for the great ideas
fergie

janst said...

How wonderful, TFS this, you certainly have had a very busy creative week. I have to try this one, but not with WW cart, really need it, but will adapt.

Marty said...

Thaks for sharing with us this week I love your work. Got to have the the EDPD cartridge I've asked Santa for it.

Monique said...

This is soooooooooooooooooo cute !!! Wow.

Hugs Monique

jd said...

Once again you hit a homerun with this card.

scrapguy said...

This card is so cute--I may have to scrap lift this for another holiday--have really enjoyed seeing your work this week!

Marlene W said...

Beautiful card....i need some coffee now..lol
ty for sharing

Dawn McCarty said...

I really love this lay out thank you

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute!!!! I love the gift card inside! Thank you so much for your hard work this week, I have enjoyed your inspiration and talent so much!!!

Cheers!!!

Lisa Sturgill
LisaRN499@aol.com

Crafty Sue said...

Very cute card! And I love the fact it's a gift card holder too. TFS

Jacqui said...

This card is amazing. I love the paper you have used with all the inking.

scrappinpatty said...

Just beautiful! Thanks!

KimCreate said...

I love your cards, the paperdolls are adorable, another must have cartridge!
KimCreate

Nana Mouse said...

This is a DELIGHTFUL card!! So much fun to explore all the "goodies" you have created!!
Thank you so much for sharing!!

Peggy

Unknown said...

This is so very special! Beautiful card!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

cute cute cute. But we have come to except nothing but "amazing" from you.

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

What a special card. Love it.

Jessica said...

How cute this is!! TFS Hope you had a wonderful Turkey day!

lavendarrose29 said...

This a super cute card. I am sure you will see copies on others blogs.

Sharka said...

Monique the card is adorable! Too perfect for that skier, snowboarder and/or snowshoer, we have all three in our families! All your chistmas ideas this week have been awesome. The Christmas Cricut Blog sure got me into the spirit of christmas, TFS:) Sharka

JenBenLola said...

So adorable! Great job!! :)

Unknown said...

Great job, Monique! I LOVE this card :)
Hugs,
Rachel

Susan said...

Monique, What a TREMENDOUS amount of work!! But what fabulous results!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Susan

Unknown said...

This card is so awesome! You are such an inspiration!

scrap_in_time said...

What a great card!!

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL!!! Beautiful details, must have taken you awhile to make and it shows, BEAUTIFUL job!!!

TxLonestarAngel said...

Wonderful card, love your attention to details!

XX
Stephanie

Sharon said...

This is just great! Love the card inside the card! Wonderful!! :)

Mandy said...

Sniff, sniff...our time as designer buds is coming to a close. I just wanted to say what an honor it was to be paired with you. You are soooo very talented. Your card today is amazing, again the details blow me away. I will be sure to keep on checking in and see what you are created. Keep it up girlie!

dianne said...

So cute. When my EDPD cart arrives, I will try to scraplift this card. Thanks for sharing.

Ryansmaama said...

This card is so cute. I love that you have the gift card holder in it.--Ryansmaama
gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

Becky Moore said...

This is adorable! I can't wait to show my sister the card maker! LOL Maybe she'll make one and send it to me!

Live Love and Scrap said...

I am just in awe!!! It is just so stinkin AWESOME!!!

cal8007 said...

Your gate fold card is awesome! Those little dolls sure are fun to make! TFS

Carmen L

Ladybug said...

OMG, Monique, every time I look at something you've created, you "outdo" yourself each time. This gateway card is gorgeous!! And making it into a gift card holder ---- extra special!!! TFS!

richeygirl said...

Awesome job as always Monique! I always love seeing what you create.

Jen said...

Very very cute Monique. You are so clever!
Thanks for sharing

About Me

my photo
Monique Griffith
Rocklin, CA, United States
The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter

Grab my Button!

Monique Griffith Designs

Get Email Alerts

Enter your email address:

Followers