Blog Archive

Cricut Top 40

My BFF - The Bling Queen!

Pink Stamper

My Pink Stamper

Support Team Monique!

Oh My Crafts


OMC Button2

Stamps Alive

Hallmark Scrapbook

Everyday Cricut

cricutholiday

Obsessed with Scrapbooking

Powered by Blogger.

Expressions Vinyl

Lezlye's Ink & Paper

Lezlye's Ink and Paper Creations

Official Cricut Blog

Cricut: The Official Blog
Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello Everyone,  (Don't forget the blog candy-Just comment and you are entered)  See Monday's post to check it out.

Monique asked me a few questions that she wants me to share with you. First of all I have to say that I am not good at talking about myself. So here goes!

Describe yourself in 3 words or less:Crazy-Fun (1 word), multi-tasker, dedicated. 

How did you get into scrapbooking? Funny-My Mother-in-Law started going to a few classes and since I was new to Califoria at the time I started going with her.  "I kept telling her-You guys are crazy I will never do this"  And here we are 5 years later.

What's your favorite drink? Really...I thought everyone knew-Diet Coke

Favorite colors to scrap with? I love all colors.....

What are your favorite paper lines? Imaginisce,  Cosmo Cricket,  Echo Park,  Basic Grey.  I really love many lines.

How would you describe your scrappin' style? Fun/Cute

What are a few of your fave scrappin' tools? My ATG, stickles/bling, distressing ink, Signo Pens.

Who else do you design for? Iron Orchid Designs, My Pink Stamper & Everyday Cricut.

Tell us about your family:  I have been married to my best friend for 20 years.  We have 2 girls ages 19 & 10 and they are amazing.

Other hobbies and interests? Hanging out with my family

How did you meet Monique? I met Monique thru the Cricut Message board.  Our friend Deborah put together the first swarm here in Norcal with 22 people and Monique was also there.  Since we met we have been fast friends.

Favorite movie(s)? Most any movie with Sandra Bullock & Julia Roberts.

How long does it take you to design a project for a kit? About 12-15 hours. Then to prepare the kit and do directions make the total of about 35-40 hours.

Favorite part of the kit design process? Designing/Cutting

Most painful part of the kit design process? Directions

Who are your scrap heroes? Tim Holtz, Heidi Swapp, Teresa Collins..There are really so many amazing heroes.

Ok-Hope you are still awake!!  Now for a project.

I used the "Love Struck" Cartridge with this project.   I simply just hit "Fit to Page" and I believe it cut at 11.5 inches.  I cut this out in plain cardstock and designer paper attaching the 2 together so give make the mailbox sturdy.

I inked the edges with brown chalk ink.  The label is from the cricut lite cart-lacy labels and the bird is a punch from Stampin Up. I then used my Signo pen to add a few dots.

I took this picture so that you can the dimension in the bird.  I added a few pop's to the  bird to give it pop.




Thanks for stopping by.  Come follow me on my blog by clicking HERE

48 comments:

Annettewith6 said...

I am still playing the distraction game :-(
Thanks for another fun idea. We don't have that style of letter box, not that it matters as it still looks cute and can be used as a gift box even without the flag....or with the flag as a name tag, I guess.
Give the ones you love a hug as the unexpected, sadly does happen.
I will miss my mad, crazy, crafting friend Kylie.

AShu93 said...

Really pretty project. I got that cart after Valentine's Day last year & I can't wait to use it this year.

LesleyfromWI said...

Love this project. Super cute

Anonymous said...

So nice to know a bit more about Wendy. I see she shares the love for Signo pens just like you.Very adorable b ox. Love the colors of paper. TFS

Milly D

MotherMonkee said...

So nice to hear more about you Wendy! I am just loving the new blog! I am also very excited to see some new kits. I am sure my husband will love you all soon as well, when I tell him he needs another job to support my hobby! -Roxann

Monty said...

I love that little mail box. You did a wonderful job.

Danielle Phillips said...

Really cute project...and this gives me the idea that someone should start a scrapping reality show!!

Connie said...

Always good to learn of someone else's passion! Great gift box. Thanks for sharing.

JennyKozar said...

Love the mailbox! And I LOVE Diet Coke too - just have not had any for the past 2 months and I still want it everyday );

Love the kits and cannot wait to see what is coming soon!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am wondering where you got the mailbox??? Very cute idea.

jen said...

Love your project and it was nice getting to know you on here. :)
I sure wish there were some ladies here in the Houston area that I could meet. You got so lucky meeting Monique and becoming friends. Thanks again for sharing!
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Kristie Maynard said...

Great project, very cute and it's nice to get to know you a little better Wendy! Keep up the great work!

SGilley said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and I love your using Stampin' Up! products since I'm a demo! :-)

Mary Jean said...

what a cute mailbox! Can't wait to see what other wonderful ideas you give me!

Meshell said...

Loved the interview.....and the box is adorable. I wish I had this years ago when I was homeroom mom for my kids classes. Such a cute project!

blueskygirl said...

The mailbox is the cutest!
buddy23018@hotmail.com

Sukie said...

I love your project, unfortunately I don't have that cartridge. You do such beautiful projects, looking forward to more of your creations.

thedhillonz@hotmail.com

Vickie said...

TFS the Wendy info and the project. I may just have to use it this year.

Teresa said...

Thanks for the project. Can't wait to start using this cartridge.

Cricut Critter said...

great mailbox! I love your project very cute!! you ladies are such a creative bunch.

Kathryn said...

This is really great. Love the papers used. The little birdie is so adorable. TFS another great idea.

Sharka said...

Luv the mailbox! and it's nice to know more about Wendy - i'm not a Diet Coke fan, sorry, Diet Pepsi for me :)

Angela said...

I didn't know you and Monique only met as recent as then. Wow---neat bond. We are lucky you two paired up! Love the mailbox what a fun treat box.

scrapstampcrazy said...

This mailbox is so cute. I love it.

JenJackScrap said...

So darned cute, Wendy! Don't you just LOVE Valentine's day? So fun! Is that the Stampin Up paper pack that you used, too?

JenJackScrap said...

Oh yeah! One more thing, have you gals ever tried Coke Zero? I find it to not have that artificial sweetener taste like the Diet Coke sometimes does. Zero tastes almost like regular Coke, yet not with that sickening sweet taste. YUM!

majessie18 said...

Love your project!! Wendy you are a cute fun girl!!!

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

Thank you Wendy. I love your talent.

Jen Muller said...

So adorable! Your blog is my favorite place to visit for inspiration, so thank you for the insight into your favorite items! :)
jenmuller

SrapaholicRN said...

Wendy, you make the coolest things. I love it.

Aman said...

Great project! I love both of your blogs!

gr8mom52 said...

Hi Monique & Wendy!
I love that mailbox!
Love your new upscale blog.
Maritza
gr8 mom 52 @ Aol.com

Melissa said...

Love your project Wendy and love hearing more about you and getting to know you better!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Dee said...

Very cute and creative idea. Thanks for sharing. It was fun getting to know you a little better too!

cjtatman said...

Well obviously you were meant to scrap! Loved reading about you and your valentine box was simply darling. Can't wait to see more!

Elaine said...

Wendy I always love your projects! Can't wait to see more:o) I just love Valentines' day and all of the goodies associated with it.

jcamp2020 said...

Now, I am going to go looking at that cart. Don't have it but I may just have to put it on my list. Cute idea for a gift box for a few special friends for Valentine's Day.

Thanks for the idea, Bling Queen!

Domicidal Tendencies said...

I love the little bird

kristyscraps said...

Loved getting to know Wendy more. Don't you just love how scrapbooking brings people together and bonds friends with crazy strong adhesive! :)

lanejoy1 said...

Loved the interview. Monique, you look great.

Tifany said...

Cute mailbox, Wendy!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

Kim. said...

Cute little mailbox and a lovely gift idea but I do think it should hold a love letter as well as choccies!!
Kim xXx

Bobbi said...

Great to get to know more about Wendy. What a fun Valentine project. I am going to have look at this cart more closely. TFS

Peggy said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

Heather said...

How cute is that?!?!? Love it. THank you for sharing.

Kathleen said...

Wendy - love your valentine/gift box project. Too cute. It's amazing the people you meet at a scrapbooking event - always such warm and wonderful folks. Glad you and Monique found eachother!

Kathleen in NJ
kmurphy614@gmail.com

Teri said...

Very cute project!! I love the little tin mailboxes from Target, but this one is sooo much better!!!
Teri

Kristina said...

Ha Ha so funny that Wendy wasn't initially into this craft :)
Your designs are beautiful.

Hugs,
Kristina

About Me

my photo
Monique Griffith
Rocklin, CA, United States
The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter

Grab my Button!

Monique Griffith Designs

Get Email Alerts

Enter your email address:

Followers