Blog Archive

Cricut Top 40

My BFF - The Bling Queen!

Pink Stamper

My Pink Stamper

Support Team Monique!

Oh My Crafts


OMC Button2

Stamps Alive

Hallmark Scrapbook

Everyday Cricut

cricutholiday

Obsessed with Scrapbooking

Powered by Blogger.

Expressions Vinyl

Lezlye's Ink & Paper

Lezlye's Ink and Paper Creations

Official Cricut Blog

Cricut: The Official Blog
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Here it is. The moment I've been looking forward to for months. I finally get to introduce the first kit I have designed in several months, and this is one that I have been designing in my head and heart for a long time. My comeback project. This is a big deal to me. Not only because I'm so thrilled to be designing again, but because this is for a good cause - one that is now even more near and dear to my heart. This is my way of taking all of the gratitude I have for everyone who sent me cards, gifts, notes of encouragement, brought my family dinners, gave me hugs, cried with me, and showed me the love that I needed during the hardest time of my life - and this is how I'm choosing to pay it forward.


This kit is entirely a fundraiser. ALL proceeds will go to "Team Monique" for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, which is in Sacramento on May 7th. My goal is to sell at least 75 kits to help find a cure for breast cancer. And I would love it if you would help me spread the word to your Cricut friends so we can meet that goal together.  You can post this on facebook or send them the link to the blog if you're willing to help.  And I'll keep you posted on how close we're getting to that goal.

To order the kit, please email me at moniquegriffith@yahoo.com and include your state and preferred payment method (PayPal or check). Kits will ship out February 25th.


The kit will include all of the patterned papers, cardstock and brads that you need to complete the project. Plus you'll get detailed directions with Cricut Cut Chart and color photographs. The kit is $25, or you can get just the directions for $10. Shipping is available, and is $5 in CA, or $6-$9 in the rest of the US, depending on location. Combined shipping is available as we have the Rainy Day kit that was released yesterday, and 2 more that will be released soon.  If you're local to the NorCal area, you can even choose to attend the class on February 22nd, and the proceeds will still go to Race for the Cure.


To complete this project as shown, you will need the following supplies: Cricut Expression and mat, Rock Princess cartridge, black chalk ink, 3D pop-dots, silver gel pen (optional), plus basic tools and adhesive.


If you live in the Northern California, I would love for you to consider walking with our team on May 7th.  It's a 5K (3.1 miles), and let me just say that last year I walked it during chemo - so if I can do that, then most of us can certainly do it! I think the registration fee is around $30, and you'll get a t-shirt from the SGK Foundation. You do not need to fundraise any certain amount to participate. And we'll be having a team dinner to celebrate, so it's a great way to get to know each other and support a great cause. You can sign up HERE Or if you just want to donate to the team, go HERE.



Don't forget that today is another chance for this week's blog candy - the Winter Frolic cartridge! Just make sure you're a follower and leave a comment on today's post. And come back every day this week for more chances.




Last September, "Team Monique" participated in the San Francisco Race for the Cure. We raised $9400, and had the largest friends and family team with 48 members.


If you didn't already see the video slide show of my journey that my friend Stephanie put together, you can check it out HERE.

64 comments:

scraps2relax said...

I LOVE IT!! And welcome back to the design world ...

A Country Twinkle said...

The layout is super cute! Happy to see you back designing again.

K-E Kreations said...

I love it! I really want to get that cart, so I can purchase your LO. E-bay, here I come!

owlbescrappin said...

I love it Monique. I may have to add stickles though LOL

Paula

quiltofhope at aol dot com

My Serendipity said...

What a fun layout! I love it! It's so spunky looking :)
the colors are awesome..so glad to see you back.
Beth

Julie said...

Welcome back!
I love this layout

Connie said...

Amazing Monique, what a come back! I would so join Team Monique for the walk if I lived close by. My mom is a survivor too! Bless you!

Kathleen said...

OMG Monique - What a fabulous and wonderful comeback layout! It is sooooo you! I love the saying "Rock On" that you included. Is it word art from the Rock Princess cartridge? If you remember in all my postings and responses on Caring Bridge to you, I use that saying all the time to close my message. I don't even have that cartridge, so I didn't know it was "famous". How about that, I'm actually on the "cutting edge" of something. Great to know when you've hit 50 and you still "have it" - whatever "it" is!! Ha Ha LOL I may just have to purchase this cartridge and layout to make. Rock on, Monique, Rock on!!!!

Kathleen in NJ
kmurphy614@gmail.com

LesleyfromWI said...

Very cool LO. Love the paper & design. Cute

Savahanna said...

I LOVE it! Great LO. I am glad to see you back and creating!

Anonymous said...

love "tuff girl" and will look for that cartridge...welcome back!

Anonymous said...

fantastic monique!!! SO glad to see you back at it and i can't wait to see you in a couple days at CHA!

Becky Moore said...

What a terrific page. I better start checking to see who has Rock Princess that I can use!

Kim M said...

I love this layout! It is so bright and funky! I can't wait to get this one. You did a fabulous job and I don't think you will have any trouble selling 75 kits. I will be calling up a few girlfriends to see if they will order and we can have a mini crop!
Welcome back!

Domicidal Tendencies said...

beautiful layout!

Bobbi said...

What a great layout, love it. So glad to see one of your designs again. Can't wait to see the other two that are coming:)

Dee said...

I think you outdid yourself!!!! This is a great page layout.

Becky Maxey said...

That is an amazing layout.

Barb said...

Great layout!!!!! Glad you're back to designing. Have many of your layouts because I can't resist ordering them when I see them. Also, this layout means a lot to me since I'm a 15 year breast cancer survivor.

Teri said...

Awesome design and a great way to come back!! My sister has just been diagnosed with fallopian tube cancer and I can see using this for her, too... hmmm... will have to look for Rock Princess...
Hugs to you!!!
Teri

Pink & Paper said...

This is sooo cute! I love the colors and paper you used. You are truly an inspiration...in so many ways!

Cheryl
www.pinkandpaper.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Monique, You are so talented! Super cool LO - however, I only have tuff boys around here (no tuff girls - unless you count me!). Are there any other ways to make donations to Team Monique?

Dawnmarie said...

What an AWWSOME layout! Good for you! You do a super job!!!!

JenJackScrap said...

SOOOOOOOO cute, Monique! I'm so excited and can't WAIT for this class to make this AMAZING layout! You did a fantastic job!!! Thank you SO much for continuing to inspire us all.

JennyKozar said...

Big round of applause!!! This is beautiful and is definitely on my list!!

Thank you my sweet 'TUFF' friend!

Meshell said...

I love this kit! So very YOU!

The Paper Princess said...

YOU'RE BACK!!! So glad to see this layout from you, what a great entry to your blog! Wishing you the best of luck with reaching your goal of 75- hope you not only meet it, but beat it!

Anonymous said...

61716.....32666

debbie susee said...

That kit (and layout) is seriously cute. I don't remember to ink edges often enough. Love the finished, grungy look it gives.

Maquel said...

So awesome! What a great LO!! So much fun!!

Maquel
mderosby at gmail dot com

Angela said...

I've decided that when I have my Tuff Girl layout completed, I will use it for pic of my M-I-L. She is currently undergoing Breast Cancer treatment as well.

Mary Jean said...

wow....a great layout! Amazing!

Michelle said...

I love this it's my daughter to a tee!!!! She's why I got that cartridge..... Congrats on your comeback as well. I forgot to say that in my last post from yesterdays layout.

mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com

Jenn said...

I love it. This is gorgeous. The black ink really adds an extra dimension. I really thought you had done this with an Imagine. Beautiful.

Welcome back! I watched your webshow and teared up a few times.

Dawn, RI said...

Your LO is absolutly awesome. I kinda wish I had that cart. My grandaughter is only 4 and Im still doing the cutesy baby stuff for LO"s. Im glad to see you returned to this as you are a very talented Lady!!! Keep designing and I'll keep visiting your page. God Bless
Dawn RI
abosoffit@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!! I'm happy to see you creating again! I don't have this cart yet, but I'll keep watching on ebay. TFS!

Carol aka cyimbugbitten
bugbitten at hotmail dot com

Charlotte Cornett said...

LOVE THIS LAYOUT!!!
Oh I wish I could purchase this kit, you are AMAZING!! Plus the cause is very dear to my heart (I have a couple of friends who are dealing with this right now and I love to encourage them that God is with them).

Will this be for sale later on? I have been unemployed for over 2 years now so times have gotten very hard for us this year.

Thank you for always having a smile and sharing your beautiful creations with us.
Charlotte

Teresa Cole said...

Love this layout. Have a few friends that I could use this kit for.

Kristie Maynard said...

Fabulous layout! Hope you make your goal! GO TEAM MONIQUE!!!

Unknown said...

Nice come back Kit, so inspired...Now, I need this cart to purchase this kit :(
Welcome back!!!

AShu93 said...

This is a really great layout. I think it suits you perfectly. I hope you reach your goal and sell them out.

Sharka said...

Luv it Monique! Happy to see you back doing what you luv and if i lived close, I would walk/join for Team Monique and would be a Monique Groupie at all your classes...One of my childhood friend, MIL and SIL are all survivors too...may have to go and buy the cart just so that I can buy your kit and do this great LO!!!! :)

Crooked Scrapper said...

You Rock!! You are so generous and have the best heart. Love the layout. I need this cart. so I can do the L.O.
cowbelleru@sbcglobal.net

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT -

I must have it, I must have it . . .

My grandmother had breast cancer at 80 and my sister has just completed her battle with breast cancer at age 49, (one year older than I).

I'm sending an email ASAP!!!

Judy said...

I absolutely love this layout! It is perfect in every way. You are one of my favorite designers.

**Treefrog** said...

Oh I love this, and have the cart already, I just hope you don't sell out by Friday, I'll have extra money to splurge on something and I think I just found out on what! It will be my first kit of yours and definetly won't be my last! I love your style girlfriend! Keep it up!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Jen Muller said...

Monique, I think this is your best layout ever! I LOVE it!! The colors and cuts are so FUN!! An awesome comeback design - I'm gonna have to get that cart so I can get the kit.
God Bless <3
Jennifer Muller

Shelley said...

WOW! Another great layout. They just get better and better!

Shelley

coggie4556@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

I love this project. So wonderful. I'd love to participate, but I travel so much for work. Maybe I'll be in your neck of the woods at that time. I spend all of June in Pleasanton and July in Santa Rosa.

kristyscraps said...

Congratulations on your come back project! I have no doubt you will meet your goals you have set for yourself!

waidc said...

This is so YOU !! Keep up the fight... wish I could walk with you but I'll be walking in Oct. here in Alabama.

pcrusberg said...

This kit is amazing! Love all the cuts you used! Thanks, Pam
pcrusberg at aol dot com

Sukie said...

What a fabulous layout and such a great cause. I was on the fence about this cartridge and recently purchased it even though it's still in the clamshell. Now I know I can purchase your kit to create this wonderful layout with my new cartridge.

thedhillonz@hotmail.com

cjtatman said...

I SOOOOOOOOOO love it! Would LOVE to win it!
cjtatman@msn.com

Wendy said...

Wonderful layout, Monique! And a great way to proclaim "I'm back!"

Wendy T.

scrapstampcrazy said...

It is fabulous!

lanejoy1 said...

I love the layout. Even though I don't scrapbook, I still got ideas for my cards. Love Ya Monique and so happy you are back to work.

Meisha said...

Love this!!! I was really happy when I received this cartridge. It exceeded all my expectations and this layout shows it! What a great job! I can't wait to give this layout a try!

RAP said...

Great kit. Perfect for a teen girl

RAP said...

Great kit. Perfect for a teen girl

MotherMonkee said...

Fantastic "Comeback Project"!

Rhonda Hayhurst said...

THIS IS FABULOUS!! I'm happy to be a small part of your fundraiser!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous "I'm Back" layout. You are truly an inspiration! Catherine
hdn4dbch at yahoo dot com

Beary Crafty said...

Monique...I LOVE IT! You did an outstanding job...welcome back :)

bearcrafty007@yahoo.com

Karen Rosas <3

About Me

my photo
Monique Griffith
Rocklin, CA, United States
The Monique Griffith Design Team consists of 4 Cricut Designers: Monique, Wendy Lawrence, Susan Rees and Becca Rees. We specialize in making Cricut Project Kits that you can make on your own with your Cricut, learning more about your bug in the process. You just need your Cricut Expression, the required cartridge(s), and a few basic tools. The directions come with a Cricut Cut Chart that shows you line by line exactly what you'll need to cut on your machine, with all of the settings for each cut. There are also well-organized written instructions and color photographs. We pride ourselves on our detailed designs, and on teaching others how to most effectively design with the Cricut. Currently, we have have downloadable directions on sale for only $5, and there are over 50 projects to choose from.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter

Grab my Button!

Monique Griffith Designs

Get Email Alerts

Enter your email address:

Followers